New York Valley Church in Yates Center, Kansas is seeking a bi-vocational pastor. The church is able to provide a partial salary/stipend for the selected pastor. The church has a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom parsonage also available with paid utilities and allowance for phone.
New York Valley is a rural community six miles east and 3 south of Yates Center, KS. The original church sat at this location and was first organized in 1884. In 1994 the church bought land 1 mile east of Yates Center on Highway 54.
The church now averages around 20-30 in attendance on Sundays. The church is nondenominational congregation, which accepts the Holy Bible as their rule of faith and practice, exists for the promotion of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Yates Center is centrally located in Woodson County with a population of around 3,000. Members come from several surrounding communities. There is a monthly women’s and men’s breakfast and a monthly prayer service. The church caries no debt and services are held in a structure built in 1995.
- Must be personable and approachable to all ages.
- Must advance the church’s desire to “connect every life to Jesus”.
- Must be ordained.
- Able to preach God’s Word.
- Able to teach Sunday School.
- Lead congregation in Communion.
- Work with church leaders.
- Develop a community outreach program and be involved in community activities.
- Provide spiritual guidance, leadership, vision and direction for the church.
- Visiting the ill.
- Be flexible and teachable.
New York Valley Church
1432 US Hwy 54
Yates Center, KS 66783
Interested candidates may contact Tom Hibbard, email@example.com for more information or to apply send a resume (please include your testimony, doctrinal statement and references). The partial salary and stipend details can be discussed during the application process.