Pastor of Family Ministry
We seek to fill the Pastor of Family Ministries role with someone administratively gifted who displays a pastor’s heart and the gift of teaching students. He must possess the skills to plan, organize, create, and improve. He must also effectively lead and shepherd. This individual must be a self-starter. While exercising strong leadership gifts, he must understand that organizational and administrative tasks are not an end in themselves but rather one of the ways God develops the spiritual health and well-being of His church.
Oblong FCC is located in the small town of Oblong, IL. We have an active attendance weekly of 180.
Our senior minister David “Dee” Wolfe has been with us for over 20 years and is a veteran of Christian ministry for nearly 40 yrs. We host two worship services every Sunday with the traditional service beginning at 8:30 AM and the contemporary service, “Impact”, beginning at 10:30 AM. Sunday School is held between services. We have youth and adult groups that meet Wednesday evenings at 5:45 and 6:30PM respectively.
Areas of growth and vision require us to add personnel as soon as possible.
- Provide leadership for the middle and high school students on and off the FCC Campus.
- Develop spiritual maturity in existing students challenging them to leadership in the student ministry programs and the rest of the church family.
- Work with student leaders to develop a plan of outreach to invite their friends to events where they can hear the gospel and experience the Christian community.
- Work with adult leaders to develop a ministry plan that incorporates the wisdom and skill of adult volunteers.
- Foster spiritual growth in students through an annual ministry plan that includes the following:
- Solid biblical teaching so students open their Bibles. This includes expository and topical teaching, consistent with the elements of Article 3 of the church Constitution.
- Teach students to study the Bible on their own.
- Encourage students in Scripture memory so they commit God’s Word to their hearts.
- Teach students to pray.
- Provide corporate and personal prayer opportunities.
- Teach students the importance of the church and why God made them a part of it.
- Help students discover and use their spiritual gifts in the student ministry and the rest of the church body.
- Serve in the community.
- Create small groups led by adult and student leaders.
- Build relationships with students to encourage, equip, and counsel them.
- Prepare and present an annual student ministry budget. Adhere to the budget and steward the finances entrusted to the student ministry program.
- Oversee budget requests in the student and children’s ministry areas.
- Organize and manage fundraising opportunities.
- Provide support, classes, and resources to help parents raise their children to follow Jesus.
- We want to help parents better disciple their children.
- Skills in worship leadership are desires but not required for this position.
Work with the senior minister and children’s minister to provide synergy between the student and children’s programs. When possible duplicate systems and strategies between these ministries while fostering flexibility.
Fill the pulpit as requested
- Fulfills the character qualifications and duties of an elder in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-16.
- Masters level seminary education or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Affirms the FCCO Statement of Faith, as written in Article 3 of the church constitution.
- Affirms Core Values.
- Demonstrates wisdom in decisions, actions, and recommendations.
- Competent in Apple-based technology
- This is a full-time position. Wages for this full-time position are between $40,000 to $50,000 and will be determined, depending on years of experience, education and applicable skills. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
- Reports to the Lead Pastor
First Christian Church Oblong
206 N Range St
Oblong, IL 62449
For further information or to apply (send resume, cover letter and references) to Robert Bomer at firstname.lastname@example.org.