Grace Pointe Church is a multisite non-denominational church located in Naperville, IL and Plainfield, IL, which are suburbs of Chicago. The church is led by Lead Pastor Dan Painter, who has been on staff for the past 20 years at the church. Grace Pointe currently sees around 500 people in-person Sunday mornings at their Naperville campus, with another 300 that attend their Plainfield campus. The Naperville campus offers three identical services on Sunday mornings with a modern style of worship.
Grace Pointe serves a unique culture that has an extremely high focus and priority on families. Naperville is currently ranked the top place in the country to raise a family as they boast incredible school systems and after school programs, low crime rate, economic growth and affordability. Grace Pointe excels in their outreach programs and high expectations for excellence in everything they do, particularly on Sunday mornings for worship and throughout the week for family ministries.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Production Director to oversee the production ministry at the Naperville Campus. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
Make Services Seamless
- Execute and oversee all technical aspects of live worship services, including audio mixing, lighting design, video production, livestreaming, and stage design.
- Collaborate with the Worship Pastor to plan and execute rehearsals, services and special events at a high level of excellence.
- Design lighting cues for each song, transition, and elements within the service.
- Incorporate automation through Ableton for lighting cues and potentially lyrics.
Oversee all visual elements through ProPresentor 7.
Lead the Tech Team
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of volunteers, providing guidance and support for their roles on the production team.
- In partnership with the Worship Pastor, foster a positive and fun team environment while making sure everyone understands their responsibilities.
Keep the Gear in Check
- Take care of all the cool tech toys – check if they’re working, fix them if they’re not, and think about getting new ones when needed.
- Stay on top of the latest tech trends and suggest upgrades to keep things cutting-edge.
- Implement and enforce standards for audio, video, and lighting quality during all church services.
- Keep an eye on the equipment, do regular checks, and figure out ways to make everything even better.
- Keep Everyone in the Loop
- Effectively communicate technical requirements, schedules, and expectations to relevant teams and volunteers.
- Work with the pastors and other teams to make sure the production fits the overall vision and mission of the church.
- Strong knowledge of audio, video, and lighting systems (prioritizing audio).
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and volunteers.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, though not required.
- At least 3 years of serving on a production team previously at a church of similar style is ideal.
This position reports to: Worship Pastor.
Grace Pointe Church
6320 E. Chicago Ave.
Naperville, IL 60540
To apply for this position email resume and references to Meggan at email@example.com. Note Grace Pointe Church – Naperville in the subject line.