Ontario Christian Church (OCC) is seeking a Senior Minister to help us implement God’s plan. OCC is located in North Central Ohio. Nestled on 20 acres on the outskirts of town, membership is comprised of urban and rural residents. The City of Ontario is adjacent to the City of Mansfield. Together the urban population is around 53,000. We play contemporary music during our praise and worship time and fully immerse new believers. OCC has a tremendous potential to grow.
Church Vision: “On life’s journey to seek and share a growing relationship with Christ.”
Overview: Ontario Christian Church is seeking a preaching minister who is knowledgeable of the scriptures, has effective preaching, teaching, and interpersonal skills. The minister has the primary responsibility for communicating the Word of God. In cooperation with the Elders, Deacons, staff, ministry teams & congregation, he will provide leadership, shepherding and vision to the Body.
• Passionately embodies God’s word, lives out the gospel in his daily life with a spiritual moral character and lifestyle.
• Is a baptized (immersed) believer, fully understands and supports the scripture-based doctrine of the Restoration Movement.
• Ordained or eligible to be ordained in the Christian Church / Church of Christ.
• Bachelor’s degree in Bible / theology or relevant field of ministry from a Bible College or seminary associated with the Restoration Movement.
• Competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships.
• Is a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in group settings.
• Computer proficient; able to use technology in conjunction with preaching, teaching and outreach.
◦ Preach and teach doctrinally sound, engaging messages while challenging those who seek to deepen their relationship with Jesus.
• Leadership, Development & Discipleship
◦ Has a heart for evangelism and service. Possesses the ability to engage and equip the congregation for leadership, outreach and service.
• Outreach/Community Engagement
◦ Champions evangelism by inspiring, equipping, and motivating the congregation to share the gospel in our community.
• Congregation Relations/Pastoral Care
◦ Develops relational connections, caring for the community through supportive listening, visitation and conflict management.
• Professional Development/Personal Growth
◦ Willing to attend courses, workshops, and conferences to grow personally and spiritually.
◦ Provides oversight of day-to-day operations of the church office.
How to Apply
• All information may be sent to Ontario Christian Church.
◦ Attn: Search Committee or emailed to SearchOCC@googlegroups.com.
• Applicants should include a résumé, references, personal autobiography and recordings of sample sermons (audio or video).
Ontario Christian Church
1029 Lewis Road
Mansfield, OH 44903
9,857 total views, 3 views today