Minister Reports To: The Elders
Position Status: Full-Time Salaried
The minister is responsible to the church for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, for using his skills in administrative leadership, for engaging in pastoral care ministries to meet the needs of persons in the congregation and community, and to assist elders in strategic planning
Must be a baptized (immersed) believer, who has repented of sin, and by the act of baptism (immersion) have become united with Christ in the likeness of His death, burial & resurrection
(Luke 24:45-47; Acts 2:37 & 38; Acts 22:12-16; Romans 6:1-23; Galatians 3:25-27).
This individual must acknowledge the sovereign oneness of God (Exodus 20:3; Matthew 4:10; Matthew 22:36-38) and the uniqueness of Salvation through His one and Only Begotten Son, JESUS CHRIST, (John 3:16 & 17; John 14:6-11; I John 2:18-29)
As a Minister, he is to fulfill the roles of shepherd, teacher, and representative of this congregation. He will minister (evangelize, disciple, counsel) to people, training them in the spiritual disciplines through programming, visitation, and example.
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, enabling him to create well-composed sermons, the ability to read aloud to a room full of people, and present sermons and other lessons in clear and concise manner.
- Conflict management skills
- The ability to keep information private when working with congregation members to better counsel and comfort church members in times of crisis
- Computer skills and knowledge of church software to manage church administrative duties
- Project management skills to work with the church administration in a timely manner
- Strong moral character to give a good religious example to the congregation and community
- The ability to be available for members of the congregation during emergencies to pray and provide guidance.
- Must pass background check
At a minimum, the candidate should have a Bachelor of Arts (or near completion), with a focus or accreditation in ministry
Experience with small churches preferred
- Must be grounded in the Word of God and meet the membership requirements of the by-laws.
- Set as a guideline of personal behavior the standard required in I Timothy 3:1-7, 2 Timothy 4:1-5, and I Peter 5:1-4.
- Prepare sermons by researching and presenting Scripture to the congregation to meet their spiritual needs
- Provide administrative leadership for the total church program.
- Maintain efficient and effective lines of communication between the staff and elders.
- Maintain a regular program of study to enable himself to plan and conduct meaningful worship services.
- Prepare for and conduct worship services using Scripture as basis for sermons
- Lead in the observance of the bylaws
- Visit members and prospective members and lead the membership in a visitation program.
- Supervise other members of the church staff.
- Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement, counseling sessions, etc., as needed. Advise/seek other professional help when situation warrants
- Officiate at special occasions in the lives of the congregation, such as weddings, baptisms and funerals
- Oversee the pastoral care needs of the congregation in hospital visitation, home visits, communion to shut-ins
- Work with leadership, church officers, and committees in performing assigned responsibilities. Be available for and lead in training as needed.
- Serve as a representative of the church in civic matters.
- Serve as the leader in seeking to win the unsaved; lead the membership in soulwinning training.
- Plan and promote periods of evangelistic emphasis for the unsaved and renewal for the Christians.
- Act as moderator for church business meetings.
- Be prepared to address the strengths and weaknesses of the congregation
- Teach Sunday School and other classes as needed.
Please submit your resume including 3 references, to the following email address. email@example.com
Please use “Attention Search Committee” as the subject line of your email. Also, please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos.
Clay County Christian Church
1200 Highway B, Liberty. MO 64068
3,312 total views, 3 views today