Student Ministry Intern – Summer 2024
We’re passionate about building relationships and making Jesus first. That’s what we want to do this summer with YOU! We want to make space to equip you, the college student, to be a leader in the church. Whether you are considering a career in full-time ministry or you’re looking to deepen your leadership experience, this internship will equip you for a life of impact for Christ.
Our interns work closely with our staff, discipling students, and learning how to be a healthy leader in today’s world. Our hope for our interns is that they will grow in confidence and their unique abilities to lead and disciple students. This internship will be packed with student ministry experiences. Whether it’s around a firepit, a movie night, or a bus ride home from camp, we know that this summer will prepare you for whatever is next.
As an intern, your main duty will be to foster your leadership abilities through both practical experiences and guided mentorship. You’ll plan and execute weekly discipleship and programming in both move (middle school) and MVMT (high school) student ministries including relationship building, teaching, discipling, and planning and leading summer events and at camps. You will also meet regularly with an assigned mentor during the summer.
- Discipleship and Relationship Building.
- Attend middle school camp & high school camp.
- Lead Deep Dives, a summer discipleship opportunity for high school students.
- Connect with middle school and high school students beyond weekly programming.
- Attend weekly team meetings and trainings.
- Engage in weekly teaching input led by Heartland staff.
- Participate in weekly discipleship in community with other interns and Heartlanders.
- Meet regularly with assigned mentor.
- Function as a staff teammate, learning how to lead & work in a church setting.
- Prepare messages and teach regularly at Move Sunday services.
- Run point during Sunday Move services including setup/teardown, leader meetings, planning/executing games or activities.
- Develop and execute Wednesday MVMT services/event calendar.
Student movements interns will be compensated at $1,200 for the summer. Pre-approved programming and discipleship expenses will be reimbursed. Housing accommodations can be made for interns outside of the Kansas City area.
- This internship will last 10 weeks, from Tuesday, May 28 – Thursday, August 1.
- Two weeks of camp this summer are:
- high school camp Move July 15 – 19 in Siloam Springs, AR
- Middle school camp Mix July 22 – July 26 in Siloam Springs, AR
Heartland Community Church
12175 Strang Line Road
Olathe, KS 66061
How to Apply: Applications are due Sunday, March 3.
Send your resume and cover letter, or questions to Sagan Hundley at email@example.com.