Student Minister Position
Tuttle Christian Church (TCC) is located just outside of Oklahoma City. The mission of Tuttle Christian Church is to create a legacy of faith among families by training believers to become disciples striving to fulfill the Great Commission. The Student Ministry supports the mission of TCC by discipling students to become Kingdom Workers. The Student Pastor will assist in pastoring Junior and Senior High students through recruiting, training, and retaining adult volunteers, as well as implementing Junior and Senior High school programs and events.
Link to full job posting:Full Job Posting
Who We Are:
- Independent Christian Church
- Located just outside Oklahoma City
- Sunday morning average attendance: 300+
- Youth Group attendance (6th-12th grade): 100+
- Growing: Wednesday nights are focused on children & youth with over 250+ students/kids attending. Our Sunday morning attendance continues to grow beyond the effects of Covid.
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry, restoration movement college preferred.
- 3-5 years experience, preferred.
- Ordained or willing to be ordained.
What to Expect:
- 40-45 hours work week.
- Fridays off.
- Weekly staff meeting.
- Support from the church, leadership, and 20 adult learners willing to assist and serve students.
- Wednesday Night programming
- Our mid-week event is high volume with hangout time, games, worship, message and small groups (6th-12th grade).
- Physically active youth group.
- Oversee Sunday morning classes for middle and high school.
- Coordinate small groups.
- CIY MIX, CIY MOVE, and possible summer camps where needed.
- Efficient at earning and maintaining authority while simultaneously gaining the respect of students.
- Oversee day to day operations of Student Ministry (scheduling, budget, weekly programming).
- Oversee and plan seasonal calendar events such as: camps, retreats, outreach & theme nights.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd adult volunteers for ministering to and discipling students.
- Develop relationships with students to help them realize their identity in Christ.
- Walk alongside parents and equip them to disciple their student at home.
- Research and/or develop curriculum that is culturally relevant including social media and doctrinally sound for all programs.
- Participate and contribute to weekly staff meetings.
- Disciple and challenge students to become leaders among their peers by fostering spiritual growth.
- Be involved in the community by connecting with teachers, coaches, and community leaders.
- Engage with students outside of regularly scheduled programs/events.
- Be mentored and coached to improve as a pastor, preacher/teacher and leader.
33 SW 3rd St
Tuttle, OK 73089
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2,139 total views, 3 views today