The ideal candidate for this position will have a heart to glorify God and lead others into an environment of celebration by means of relevant and contemporary worship and praise music. The ideal candidate will have a passion (on and off the platform) for helping both the saved and the not yet saved draw near to God and grow in HIs purposes for their lives.
The Worship/Creative Pastor will lead vocalists and instrumentalists to foster the environment outlined above striving for excellence. This position is also responsible for all “Back of House” aspects including, but not limited to, the Production Team and the Worship Team. This role will also assist the greater mission through the coordination of social media for the church and any initiatives with photography or videography aspects. This role will partner with other teams within the church through event promotion and creative support in order to maximize awareness and engagement by the congregation and greater community.
Responsible for the measurement and monitoring of the effectiveness of the church in fulfilling its mission. “To Create Christ-Like Disciples Who Transform Their World”
- Direct the planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating of a comprehensive worship ministry team.
- Shape and execute the adult worship weekend experience at a high level, in partnership with the JC Naz staff.
- Performing evaluations for vocalists and instrumentalists to join the team.
- Lead worship for special events (Nights of Worship, prayer gatherings, mid-week gatherings, etc) as needed.
- Oversee the communications department.
- Ensure quality/excellence in print and digital communications.
- Ensure a level of excellence in video, graphics, and website work.
- Serve on the Staff team by participating in collaboration with other members of the Executive team leading the direction of the church.
- Work alongside Lead & Executive Pastors for teaching schedule, themes, direction, and creative elements. If gifted, participate on the teaching team.
- Monitor the purchasing, maintenance and replacement of all production equipment, supplies and musical instruments.
- Build volunteer ministry teams related to the weekend worship experience by recruiting, developing, and caring for volunteer teams.
- Serve the volunteer worship team by providing leadership, timely communication, mentorship, and relationship to this team.
- Weekly preparation (lyrics, chord charts, vocal and band part memorization), preparing weekly band/vocal notes, communicating service details, scheduling worship volunteers through Planning Center Online, leading rehearsals, printing charts, and finalizing weekly setlists, as needed.
- Help foster good communication and a strong sense of community among all production team members, musicians, and vocalists.
- Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotion and administration.
- Prepare an annual budget for the worship/production team for approval and administer the budget.
- Monthly 1:1 check-ins with team leads to insure ministry effectiveness.
- Assessing effectiveness of the Production Team and providing leadership and training while fostering a culture of excellence.
- Assisting and providing input during budgeting process in conjunction with the Lead Pastor/Board.
- Ensuring that all guidelines for Budget expenses and purchases are followed.
- Set the standard for excellence in ministry through:
- Loving God
- Develop your closeness with God, develop your character, and develop your calling.
- Loving People
- Be a servant, Be a team player, and be real.
- Pursue Excellence.
- Do things well, do things before you’re asked, do more than expected.
- Choose Joy.
- Be enjoyable to be around, be positive, be loyal.
- Remember, We Are The Lead Followers.
- ”By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another” John 13:35.
- Work as a team player, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Diligent, disciplined, and organized.
- Encouraging to other staff and volunteers.
- A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
- Committed to spiritual integrity and artistic excellence.
- Committed to the JCNaz community.
- Responsible for ensuring the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff, human resources, business processes, policies, and technology serving finance, guest and member information, and facilities systems.
- Attend weekly staff prayer meetings & Staff meetings.
- Take on other responsibilities that may or may not be directly related to the traditional role of the Worship/Creative Pastor as directed.
- Take part in all “All Hands On Deck” events throughout the year (examples include, but not limited to 21 Days of Prayer/Fasting (August/January), BBQ and Baptisms, Church workdays, various community outreach events, etc).
- To be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Who We Are
JC Naz is a thriving, mission focused church with an incredible heritage and strong future. We were first planted in the summer of 1927 in Junction City, KS by a committed and courageous group of people who held a three week tent revival on the lawn of the courthouse. From the very beginning, our church has consistently operated by one core conviction: The work has never been about our comfort, but about doing whatever it takes to connect others to Christ.
In 2007 the congregation stood before a huge decision of faith (and opportunity for growth)! The Lord opened up the door for the church to purchase our current facility, and invited us to follow Him into a new season. As the leaders contemplated such a big step of faith, they knew something of this magnitude could never be accomplished with human effort and resources alone …it would take a God sized miracle and a true miracle is exactly what God had in store!
Just recently (October 2023), a long awaited vision came to reality. Through God’s faithfulness, and people’s generous obedience we just completed renovating over 15,000 square feet for our brand new children’s ministry area!
From the tent on the courthouse lawn in 1927, with 12 members to where we are today where hundreds and hundreds of children, youth, and families gather for worship and growing in Christ-likeness each week we stand in awe of all that God has done! And yet, even with our great history, we truly believe the best is yet to come.
We are a community of ordinary people from all walks of life courageously trusting God to do the extraordinary.
The following commitments shape and form the basis of our decisions and day to day activities.
- WE WILL EXERCISE RADICAL DEPENDENCY UPON GOD
- WE WILL EXPECT GOD TO MOVE
- WE WILL ELEVATE NEXT-GEN MINISTRIES
- WE WILL EMPOWER OUR INVITE
- WE WILL EXPAND OUR LOVE FOR THE LOST
We currently average between 450-500 people in our 2 weekend worship services. We have averaged over 400 first time guests over the each of the last 5 years. We have seen nearly 450 public decisions for Christ over the last 5 years. We have had the joy of baptizing nearly 200 people since 2017. Our children’s ministry averages 100+ children on a typical Sunday. Our youth group currently averages 40-45 students.
Our church staff also includes:
- Lead Pastor,
- Executive Pastor,
- Connections Pastor,
- Worship Pastor,
- Director of Children’s Ministry, and
- Two part-time employees.
We are very much a regional church with people attending from surrounding communities such as Manhattan, Grandview, Chapman, White City, Herrington, Ogden and Fort Riley. We are a military community and the proud home of Fort Riley Army Installation (The Big Red One!). We have the blessing and privilege of ministering to, discipling and serving alongside the great men and women of the Army and their families. Due to the nature of military rotation, we welcome and get to meet so many wonderful people from all over the world, and we say good-byes often and send them out to serve Christ and build His Kingdom in their next assignment.
The Junction City community has a population of approximately 25-30k. We are a very diverse community with people from literally all over the United States and even the world. Our school district is one of the best in the state of Kansas. USD 475 is ranked No. 23 overall amongst the best school districts in the state. The No. 23 ranking is out of 275 districts. We have an Early Childhood Center, 8 city elementary schools, and 4 elementary schools on Ft. Riley. We have two middle schools (one in Junction City and one on Ft. Riley. We have a brand new state of the art high school (largest in the state of Kansas and third largest in the nation).
Milford Lake (Kansas’ largest lake) is an easy drive from Junction City. The nearby community of Manhattan, KS is full of great restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Salina is 45 minutes west. Topeka is 1 hour east. We are also 2 hours from larger cities such as Wichita and Kansas City.
Junction City Church of the Nazarene (JC Naz)
1025 S. Washington
Junction City, KS 66441
For further information or to apply (send resume and references) contact Mark Hatcher firstname.lastname@example.org.