Job Description: Part Time Worship Pastor
The primary responsibility of the worship pastor will be to lead others in focused, Christ centered worship. We are looking for an individual who possesses leadership qualities that will help continue to grow our team, as well as the overall music ministry at Mount Vernon Christian.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Love the Lord, putting Him and others above yourself; and love your family well. Continue personal growth in your relationship with Christ, and be led by the Holy Spirit, always striving to show leadership, integrity and humility in everything you do.
- Lead with a vision and passion that helps empower our team. Help get volunteers plugged in, involved and excited about being a part of the worship team. Create new ideas and opportunities for everyone involved.
- Have the strong vocal abilities required to lead our church by singing. (Being able to lead with a guitar/and or a piano is an added bonus, but is not required).
- Needs to have at least a baseline knowledge on how to adjust, coordinate, and operate the technical side of our worship services.
- Attend staff meetings, and monthly board meetings with our leadership team.
- Plan the music for Sunday mornings by coordinating with the senior pastor and selecting songs that correlate with the sermon. Additionally, have the ability to select songs with good theology that work well in a congregational worship setting.
- Schedule volunteers; which can include: vocalist, drums, guitars, bass, and the tech team.
- On occasion, help coordinate and/or lead special events throughout the year, both on and off Mount Vernon Christian campus.
- When available, perform other duties assigned by the leadership team and/or the senior pastor.
Mt. Vernon Christian Church
1462 McVey Street
Mt. Vernon, MO 65712
2,385 total views, 6 views today