Bettendorf Christian Church (BCC) is a non-denominational Christian church located in Bettendorf, IA, which is one of the cities that make up the Quad Cities between Iowa and Illinois. The church is led by Lead Pastor Derik Armstrong, who has been the Lead Pastor at BCC since April 2021. BCC offers two identical modern worship styled services at 9:00a & 10:30a on Sunday mornings. The church saw around 900 each Sunday for their main worship services pre-COVID, and are currently seeing around 500 in total Sunday morning attendance. They are currently meeting in person and are also live-streaming their service.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Pastor to oversee their worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Organize and implement the church-wide processes and various worship and prayer elements of the weekly large gathering.
- Establish and maintain a leadership development process for worship team members.
- Develop strategies to promote worship engagement in the congregation including: worship events, songwriting and recording, and other creative ventures.
- Nurture the spiritual development of the worship team members.
- Continue to build and cultivate a culture of modern and relevant worship that reflects the vision and style of Bettendorf Christian Church.
- Build strong relationships with volunteers on your team and members of the church.
- Responsible for the scheduling, resourcing, recruiting, training and development of musicians and worship leaders on the worship team and ensuring they are equipped to serve the church with excellence.
- Oversee the Tech Director and help coordinate in maintaining and organizing all areas of AVL.
- Continue to develop your personal musical proficiency.
- Be a team player willing to jump to help serve when needed or requested.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5- 9).
- A calling to pastoral and worship ministry.
- Strong communication and public speaking abilities.
- Outgoing, engaging, and enthusiastic personality.
- Excellent spiritual and organizational leadership skills.
- Is a creative and visionary.
- Strong competency in vocals and either guitar or keys, though guitar is preferred.
- Strong skill set in use of technology (particularly with audio and Ableton).
- Has a strong desire and heart to build relationships, primarily with the worship team, staff and with their small group.
- Can support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of BCC.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, though not required.
- At least three years of experience in leading worship and can provide tangible measures of growth in those past ministry experiences.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/bettendorf.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bettendorf Christian Church
3487 Towne Pointe Drive
Bettendorf, IA 52722
1,140 total views, 9 views today