NewLife Church is a non-denominational church with a Christian Church background located in Des Moines, IA. The church is led by Lead Pastor Andy Miller, who just recently joined the staff as the Lead Pastor. NewLife offers a modern worship styled service at 9:30a on Sunday mornings. The church is currently seeing around 350 in total Sunday morning attendance. They are meeting in-person and are also live-streaming their services.
NewLife is a church led by a strong elder board and a visionary pastor, giving them just about everything they need to start building a lot of momentum. They are completing the process of expanding their building by adding a brand new Family Center, which is attached to the backside of their current building. They have built a great staff, and are just looking to add the right candidate to serve as their next Worship Pastor to complete their staff.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Pastor to oversee their worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision.
Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role.
- Work with the Lead Pastor to create vision-focused and engaging worship service experiences.
- Lead our church weekly in corporate worship through song, prayer, pastoral moments, and creative elements to help draw people close to Jesus.
- Establish and maintain a leadership development process for worship team members.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of humble, sacrificial excellence for Jesus, and grace-filled love amongst the team.
- Responsible for the scheduling, resourcing, recruiting, training and development of musicians and worship leaders on the worship team and ensuring they are equipped to serve the church with excellence.
- Oversee the production ministry, including volunteers and equipment.
- Oversee the livestream on a weekly basis – continue to make improvements to push for excellence.
- Be a team player willing to jump to help serve when needed or requested.
- Is called to pastoral and worship ministry.
- Great communication abilities.
- Outgoing, engaging, and people-oriented personality.
- Excellent spiritual and organizational leadership skills.
- Is a creative and visionary.
- Strong competency in vocals and either guitar or keys.
- Strong skill set in use of technology (particularly with audio and Ableton (or other tracks software).
- Has a strong desire and heart to build relationships, primarily with the worship team.
- Can support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of NewLife Church.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, though not required.
At least three years of experience in leading worship in some kind of capacity.
This position reports to: Lead Pastor
For more information, view the FULL CHURCH PROFILE at Church Profile.
Des Moines, IA 50317
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.