Woodstock Christian Church in Woodstock, GA is in search of our next Youth Minister. We are looking for a Youth Minister who provides spiritual leadership, guidance and shepherding for middle school and high school students. The ability to work on social media and other tech-related areas is a must! Woodstock Christian Church has been in existence since 1977 and is in the Northern suburbs of Atlanta, GA. Recently named the #3 suburb to move to in 2021 by Homes.com, Woodstock is one of the fastest growing churches in the Restoration Movement. Join us in seeing lives changed by the power of Jesus Christ.
Serve Woodstock Christian Church by providing spiritual leadership, guidance and shepherding for middle school and high school students.
Implement Woodstock’s discipleship ministry strategy in harmony with other ministries.
Coordinate with the Youth Ministry team and volunteers in the strategic development and implementation of a plan to evangelize and disciple high school and middle school students.
Partner with parents to grow students in Christ.
Administer curriculum, programming, facility, budgets, and planning processes.
- Create & implement regular extra-curricular fellowship, educational, team-building, and evangelistic activities, including annual mission/service-based trip
- Oversee formation and development of effective ministry team
- Recruit, train and encourage volunteers and interns for Sunday and a mid-week program, along with ongoing contact programs and annual church related events
- Ensure youth members and families are visited &/or contacted during times of need
- Preview, select, order, and distribute appropriate curriculum, materials, and resources
- Track attendance patterns and develop a follow up system with the families of absentees
- Display confidence in walking a student through what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ
- Participate and provide leadership for youth camps and conventions
- Develop and maintain appropriate budget accounts
- Support safety and security systems for the church including background checks for all workers
- Provide clear and consistent communication with the Youth Ministry Team, other staff members and with volunteers
Accountable to the Senior Minister
- Ultimately accountable to God and the Woodstock Christian Church Elders. Reports directly to the Senior Minister for all ministry and staff activities. Always a team player.
- Attend staff meetings and maintain scheduled office hours
- Assist with special events such as church-wide events, class parties, mission trips and other group functions or outings.
- Coordinate with other Ministers for special events (i.e. Service Projects, Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, etc.)
- Assist the Senior Minister, including preaching periodically, hospital visits and any other areas of service/need as assigned
- Assist &/or conduct marriages, funerals, and memorial services upon request
- Focus on personal spiritual well-being through worship, study, and prayer
Required Qualification Education Level
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree Education Details Degree acquired from university associated with Independent Christian Church.
- Formal experience leading youth (Minimum of 2 years of experience)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience leading camps and mission trips
- Working in a church with multiple staff members
- Advanced planning and organization
- The ability to prioritize
- Effective time management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Situational awareness
- The ability to connect with a wide variety of people/audiences
* The ability to work on social media and other tech related areas is a must.
Woodstock Christian Church overview
Woodstock Christian Church is a product of the early 19th century Restoration Movement. We consider ourselves a “non-denominational” Church, and as such, our leadership is formed from within our local congregation. Woodstock Christian Church has been in existence since 1977 and is in the Northern suburbs of Atlanta GA. We are a growing congregation with around 400 people currently on our role. Pre-Covid WCC averaged around 300 in attendance.
Think you would be a great fit for this role? Become a candidate below.
Email Rick.Shonkwiler@myccl.org with resume. Use “Woodstock” in the subject line.
Text 859.653.0692 for job description and more information. Leave your name and email.
Woodstock Christian Church
7700 Hwy 92
Woodstock, GA 30189
390 total views, 3 views today