- Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to junior high and high school students. • Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth ministry. • In consultation with other youth leaders and senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the youth ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget. • Develop a Bible teaching calendar for the youth that takes into considera,on the full counsel of God’s Word and the spiritual, physical, emo,onal, and mental needs of the youth in our community.
- Regularly teach the Bible to the youth with conviction, compassion, and care. • Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.). • With the Senior Pastor and Elders, establish a long-term vision for how the church engages youth.
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship services when asked. • Develop and execute a strategic plan for the youth ministry.
- Oversee all summer ac,vi,es the church’s youth par,cipate in.
- Regularly lead the youth in short-term missions experiences (local, domes,c, and interna,onal).
- Develop student leaders and ac,vely encourage students to pursue ministry training (Bible College).
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportuni,es for youth in the broader church family.
- Ac,vely par,cipate in all staff mee,ngs.
- Assist with major events within the church (VBS, Apple Butter, etc.). • Other du,es discussed with the Senior Pastor and /or Elders.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
- Excellent written and verbal communica,on skills.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- A calling to pastoral ministry.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
Mt. Vernon Christian Church
1462 McVey Street
Mt. Vernon, MO 65712
393 total views, 6 views today