FCC Youth Ministry Job Description:
FCC in El Dorado, KS looking for an associate pastor to help us continue growing in the area of Youth and Children’s ministry. El Dorado is a community of about 13,000 people approximately 30 miles east of Wichita. We’re a family of believers committed to worshipping the God of the Bible, reaching others through the love of Christ, and making disciples the way He modeled. The congregation is enthusiastic, loving, and supportive. We understand each person is uniquely gifted and are willing to work with your strengths.
Pastor of Children and Youth Ministries
Status: Full or Part-time, Salaried
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week to include all day Sunday and Wednesday programs plus planning and prep time as required.
Make young disciples for Christ by directing Children’s and Youth Ministry Programs that enhance the overall ministries of the FCC.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Youth Minister will be under the guidance of the Senior Pastor and report to Elders regarding monthly activities and plans. Board and Elder approval for large budget items is generally required. An annual review will be implemented by the senior pastor, and members of elders and board.
- Plan, develop, and implement a balanced Jr. & Sr. High youth ministry. This will include running a youth ministry program on Wednesday or Sunday evening.
- Recruit and train volunteers in the areas of Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry to ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Direct Children’s to include the oversight of Children’s Church, Sunday School and other programs which will help grow our kids and our church.
- Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate activities in a timely and effective manner using all available resources (Facebook, email, website, bulletin boards, etc.)
- Complete monthly report.
- Attend staff and board meetings.
- Maintain adequate sponsor / student ratio in all youth ministry settings.
- Assist in the overall mission of the church by being involved in ministries, programs, and events as needed.
- Teach biblical truths in keeping with Christian church doctrine.
- Supply preach as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Committed Christian actively growing in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Student or graduate of a school of ministry or equivalent training of some type.
- Self-motivated and committed to professional church ministry.
- Thrives in a team environment and able to work with pastoral staff, elders, board, and church board members.
- Supportive of the philosophy of ministry at First Christian Church.
- Ability to relate to youth and gifted in Youth Ministry and Education.
- Effective communicator and organizer who can recruit and delegate
- Knowledge of Youth Ministry and Christian Education concepts and methods.
- Willing to learn and receive additional training to increase skills in ministry.
- Ability to invest in our congregation.
First Christian Church
300 West Central Ave
El Dorado, KS 67042
To apply, please contact Pastor Jason Van Pelt – (316) 321-4220 firstname.lastname@example.org Applications Due By June 1, 2023 Applicants must be willing to submit to a background check. When applying, please supply references, work history, and a letter of recommendation from your current Pastor or similar.