Central Christian Church
Job Title: Pastor
Reports To: The Elders
The Central Christian Church in Belleville, Kansas is currently looking for a Pastor to lead a Congregational Family of approximately 120. This is a full-time position, a housing allowance is provided in addition to salary.
The role of the Pastor is to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The Pastor is responsible to the church for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, for using his skills in leadership, for engaging in pastoral care to meet the needs of persons in the church and in the community, to shepherd our youth in the ways of Jesus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to-
*Set as a guideline of personal behavior the standard required in:
- I Timothy 3:1-7 “Here is a trustworthy saying: if anyone sets his heart on being an overseer, he of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to dunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect. If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s Church? He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.”
- and I Peter 5:1-4 “To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder, a witness of Christ’s sufferings and one who also will share in the glory to be revealed. Be sheperds of God’s flock that is under you care, serving as overseers – not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.”
*Maintain a regular program of study to enable oneself to plan and conduct meaningful worship services.
*Take an active and passionate interest in our youth, be of spiritual guidance and support, minister to them on their level.
*Prepare for and conduct worship services; lead in the observance of the ordinaces; and, lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and community.
*Serve as the leader in seeking to win the unsaved and un-listed; lead the membership in soul-winning training. Connect with members of the church we have lost over the years.
*Visit the hospital and nursing home. Minister and comfort to those in health and/or spiritual need.
*Plan and promote period of evangelistic emphasis for the unsaved and renewal for the Christians.
*Conduct premarital, vocational, family bereavement, spiritual counseling sessions, etc., as needed. Advise other professional help when necessary.
*Perform baptisms, wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
*Lead youth and adult Bible Study classes and/or courses when desired.
*Work with deacons, deaconesses, church officers, and committees in performing assigned responsibilities. Be available for and lead in training if/when needed.
*Attend monthly meetings as scheduled by the Elders and Church Board. Be able to give monthly reports to the Board.
*Submit a monthly article for the church newsletter, and provide open lines of communication with the office staff in regards to weekly bulletins, sermons and upcoming events.
*Hardworking and passionate for Christ, His Followers, His Seekers, and His Church.
- “And he said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'” -Matthew 22:37
*Be creative with what God has given you to do the work.
- “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” -Philippians 4:19
- “Commit your work to the Lord, and you plans will be established.” -Proverbs 16:3
*Be of courage.
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord you God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” -Deuteronomy 31:6
*Be of faith. Trust that you are meant to be here.
- Commit your work to the Lord, and you plans will be established.” -Proverbs 16:3
*Be yourself. The one God called upon.
- “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” -Ephesians 2:10
- “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” -Romans 8:28
2730 N Street
Belleville, KS 66935