FCC – Miami was established in 1894 and is a vibrant, growing church in Miami, OK. We are an independent Christian Church, part of the Restoration Movement with an average Sunday attendance of over 400 worshippers in our 2 services. We are a FAMILY of believers striving to CONNECT people in our community to JESUS while GROWING together in our relationship with Him.
The primary responsibility of the Associate Pastor at FCC – Miami is to help integrate the vision and mission of FCC into all aspects of church life. This responsibility will play out in a number of ways, but the goal will always be the same: make resilient disciples of Jesus. Therefore, the successful candidate must be able to fully support the statement of belief, core values, and philosophy of FCC – Miami.
The Associate Pastor will work with the Lead Pastor and Elders to coordinate the ministries of the church. The right candidate will provide administrative tools and practices needed to translate the vision of team ministry into actionable steps; including planning, scheduling, and implementing programs that train, equip, and build relationships. This pastor will share the responsibility of preparing each person within the church to make disciples.
Key Position Skills:
- Discerning between good and great ministry opportunities for the church.
- Strong relational and organizational skills.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with other ministerial staff, ministry teams, and other church leaders.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategies
Recruiting and equipping volunteers to lead and assist in ministry teams
Oversee the Connect Group ministry.
- Preach on Sunday mornings as assigned by Lead Pastor (approximately 12 Sundays a year).
- Lead Sunday school and Wednesday night classes as needed.
- Providing pastoral care to members of the congregation, officiating weddings and funerals, visiting the sick and shut-in, and supporting families in times of crisis.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Assist Lead Pastor in maintaining focus on the vision, direction, and strategic plan for the entire church, ensuring children’s and student programs remain integrated with the vision and purpose.
- Collaborating with other leaders in the church to plan and coordinate special events and programs.
- Participating in outreach and evangelism efforts to reach those who are not yet part of the church community.
- Attend meetings with elders as required.
- Other duties as required by the elders.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Bible College/University is required, with preference given to a Bible College/University within the Restoration Movement.
- Prefer multiple years of experience in ministry.
First Christian Church
2424 N Main St
Miami, OK 74354
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If available, please also include any sermons, teachings, writings, or other ministry-related links.