Worship Leader – Part Time
The Worship Leader is responsible for assisting the Lead Pastor in carrying out Christ’s mission of making disciples and teaching them to obey His commands (Matthew 28:18-20). To this end, the Worship Leader serves the worship team through the side-by-side ministry while equipping volunteers and developing
leaders who are also equippers.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team in the programming of weekly adult worship services.
- Plan, design, and produce biblically accurate and culturally relevant services.
- Function as a worship leader for weekly adult worship services.
- Lead in the creative use and proactive upkeep of all worship facilities, storage, and worship equipment.
- Recruit, train, inspire, schedule, equip, and disciple leaders and volunteers in the production of weekly worship services.
- Ensure that worship spaces and stages are setup and torn down as needed.
- Oversee the preparation of software such as ProPresenter, Ableton, LightKey, Planning Center, etc. for worship services.
- Build and maintain a seasonal calendar for special events, team training, teambuilding, and artist development.
- Develop intentional discipleship relationships.
- Develop an annual budget for the worship ministry.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Education and Experience
A worship Leader must be an immersed believer in Jesus Christ who is in full agreement with Valley’s “Statement of Faith”. No previous ministry education or experience is required but a willingness to be discipled and coached is absolutely necessary as the individual develops their calling in ministry.
Position Structure and Level
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Category: Support Staff (20 hours a week salaried position)
Staff Designation: Support Staff
Valley Christian Church
611 37th Ave S
Moorhead, MN 56560