The purpose of our residency program is this: to prepare leaders for local church ministry.
It’s aimed at college graduates of any kind who feel a call to ministry but need leadership training and practical hands-on experience. They move to Lexington, KY for one year (housing is provided), and commit to 25 hours a week (with pay) where we help equip them in servant leadership, calling clarification, and ministry preparation. They engage in cohort-style learning with other residents, as well as individual ministry specification and skill training of their choice. At the end of the year, we help connect and guide them through next steps, hopefully into local church ministry!
Southland is a thriving local church with 5 campuses and a mission to love God and love people. Our hope is to use our time, energy, and resources to invest in the next generation of faithful Church leaders. We believe there is great value in doing a ministry residency because the Church needs folks who can be better leaders for a longer time. Leaders who are followers and servants first.
Our program helps shape leaders who become:
- Deeply rooted in their identity in Christ.
- Self-aware and character-driven.
- Well-trained in pastoral care and ministry skills.
- Grounded in biblical truth and theological understanding.
- Connected to a community of other supportive leaders.
- Resilient and committed to rhythms that support long-term spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional health.
- Ready to serve the Church with humility, wisdom, grit, and JOY.
Southland Christian Church
5001 Harrodsburg Road
Nicholasville, KY 40356
If this sounds like an opportunity you’d like to consider or pursue, head to https://southland.church/residency/ and read all about it.
When you’re ready, fill out an application and someone will be in contact with you shortly!
990 total views, 3 views today