SECTION I - MEMBERSHIP
- Voting membership shall consist of those who qualify for membership under article IIl of the constitution.
- Honorary membership shall be conferred in the following manner:
1. The name of the candidate for membership may be submitted to any member of
the Alumni Association Advisory Council.
2. The Council accepts the submission by a majority vote.
SECTION II – ALUMNI ASSOCIATION ADVISORY COUNCIL DUTIES
- It is expected that these members serve as models of support by giving, participating, recruiting, and endorsing for the benefit of MCC.
- New members of the council shall be elected by majority vote of existing Advisory Council for a three-year term. Elections shall be structured so that approximately one-third of the membership is elected annually.
- The Advisory Council shall meet semi-annually at times to be determined by the Executive Committee.
- The duties of the Alumni Association Advisory Council members are as follows:
- To approve officers and members of the Advisory Council.
- To approve the annual budget.
- To provide information and opinion on behalf of the Alumni to the Board of Trustees and administration of Manhattan Christian College.
- To approve amendments to the MCC Alumni Association constitution.
SECTION III - OFFICERS' DUTIES
A. The duties of the president of the organization are as follows:
1. Preside over all general Advisory Council and Executive Committee meetings.
2. Call special meetings as necessary as directed in article VI.
3. Appoint committees and committee chairmen as necessary and serve as an
ex-officio member of each committee.
4. Vote only in the case of a tie.
5. Carry out any other duty common to the office.
6. Serve as an ex-officio member of the MCC Board of Trustees.
7. Be the liaison between MCC and MCC alumni association members.
B. The duties of the vice-president are as follows:
1. The duties of the president in case of the president's inability to carry them out.
2. Duties assigned by the president.
- The duties of the Secretary are as follows:
- Record and distribute minutes of all meetings.
- Notify Advisory Council about meetings.
D. The duties of the Treasurer are as follows:
- Oversee financial transactions of the MCC Alumni Association.
- The position of alumni director is funded by Manhattan Christian College, reports to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and will work closely with the president of the MCC Alumni Association. The duties of the MCC alumni director are as follows;
- To nurture life-long relationships with alumni, currents students and alumni association members.
- To offer services that will carry out the alumni association vision.
- To serve as a non-voting, ex-officio member of the Alumni association Board.
SECTION IV - FINANCES
This organization and its programs are underwritten by Manhattan Christian College. In turn, Manhattan Christian College is supported by the activities of this organization. Authorization of the payment of funds must come from the treasurer and president of the alumni association in consultation with the alumni relations director. The business office of the college shall record all funds received and disbursed.
SECTION V – COMMITTEES
Standing committees are as follows:
- Special Events committee
- Nominating committee
- Awards Research Committee
- Other committees as needed
SECTION VI - RESIGNATIONS AND VACANCIES
A. Vacancy of the presidency results in the vice-president assuming the office of the president until the next general election.
B. Vacancy of other offices result in the following:
1. President nominates replacement,
2. Name is submitted to Alumni Association Advisory Council,
3. Nominee must receive majority vote of the Council to be accepted as stated in
article VII of the Constitution.
SECTION VII - CONDUCT OF MEETINGS
The conduct of all meetings of this organization is at the discretion of the president.
SECTION VIII - QUORUM
Those attending any meeting of this organization called according to this constitution and bylaws constitute a quorum.
SECTION IX - PROJECTS
In order to implement the over-all purpose of the association, specific projects shall be selected and carried out each year for the benefit of alumni and MCC. These projects shall be supported by alumni contributions and Manhattan Christian College.
SECTION X – AMENDMENTS
These by-laws may be amended by a vote of three-fourths of the total number of votes cast, whether by person or by proxy, at any given meeting, provided that notice has been given to all members at least thirty days in advance of such vote.